AMR's Destination: New York?
On Apr. 16, jubilant American Airlines CEO Donald Carty praised union members for accepting $1.62 billion worth of compensation and work-rule concessions, thereby averting a trip to bankruptcy court. But management's joy soon turned to deep embarrassment when outraged workers learned of efforts to protect executive pensions and plans to pay big retention bonuses to top managers (see BW Online, 4/18/03, "How American's Execs Covered the Bases").
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock