How Wal-Mart Keeps Getting It Right
Last year, while its peers struggled to cope with faltering consumer spending, Wal-Mart (WMT ) kept charging ahead. The world's largest retailer reported a 20% increase in earnings, to $8.2 billion, on revenue that grew 12%, to $245 billion, for the fiscal year ended Jan. 31. This year could be even more difficult for the retailing industry if fallout from the Iraq war takes its toll.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas