Picking Big Winners in Tiny Stocks
Thomas Barry, a former Navy fighter pilot, knows a few things about sizing up risk. These days, as manager of the Bjurman, Barry Micro-Cap Growth Fund (BMCFX ), Barry sets his sights on stocks of micro-cap outfits that fly below Wall Street's radar. He was recently chosen as the best fund manager in the small-cap growth category in the first annual Standard & Poor's/BusinessWeek Excellence in Fund Management Awards. The fund scored high on S&P's and BusinessWeek's selection criteria, starting with five-year, risk-adjusted total returns and finishing with a qualitative assessment of management and its application of investment discipline.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy