A Mouse Is Roaring at IBM
In a conference room adjoining the office of IBM (IBM ) CEO Samuel J. Palmisano, there's only one framed photograph: A picture of Palmisano arm in arm with Finnish programmer Linus Torvalds.Torvalds is the founding father of a computer operating system called Linux, which is the central pillar of IBM's strategy. With Linux, Palmisano avoids dependence on the Windows operating system, the heart of Microsoft Corp.'s (MSFT ) empire.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing