Wachovia Downgrades Fleming to 'Underperform'
Wachovia downgraded Fleming (FLM ) to underperform from market perform.
On Tuesday the products distributor gave fourth quarter earnings per share guidance of 10 cents to 12 cents from continuing operations. Analyst Jeff Omohundro says the new earnings per share guidance, down from 35 cents to 45 cents, is below his 30 cents estimate.
Omohundro says the company reduced its expectations for proceeds from the upcoming sale of retail operations to below $450 million, from above $450 million. He notes Kmart's plans to close an additional 326 stores, as well as Fleming's previous indication that closures of roughly this scale could negatively impact earnings per share by about 13 cents on an annualized basis.
Omohundro cut the 30 cents fourth quarter earnings per share estimate to 10 cents, and slashed the $1.85 2003 estimate to 89 cents.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones