CIBC Upgrades Ericsson to 'Sector Perform'
CIBC World upgraded Ericsson (ERICY ), Powerwave (PWAV ), LCC International (LCCI ), and Qualcomm (QCOM ) to sector perform from sector underperform.
Analyst Dale Pfau says the higher ratings are based on an upgrade of the wireless technology sector to overweight from market weight. He expects handset sales to continue growing in 2003, and expects the infrastructure market to possibly show modest growth in 2004. Pfau believes the handset replacement rate has begun to rise on the back of exciting new models. He sees shipments of 464 million in 2003, compared with an expected conservative forecast of 430 million to 445 million from original equipment manufacturers. Pfau sees a 10% decline in 2003 industry revenue, but he thinks the first half could mark a bottoming out of the down-tren
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones