Canada Shares Finish Higher
Canada's benchmark S&P/TSX rose 32.61 points, or 0.48%, to 6,772.66.
European markets closed lower Friday. In London, the Financial Times-Stock Exchange 100 index was down 4.60 points, or 0.11%, to 4,004.90. In France, the CAC 40 lost 7.14 points, or 0.22%, to 3,187.88. In Frankfurt, the DAX Index dipped 12.10 points, or 0.39%, to 3,092.94.
In Hong Kong markets Friday, the Hang Seng index gained 218.33 points, or 2.33%, to close at 9,583.85. In Japan, the Nikkei 225 index was closed for the New Year's holiday. The Nikkei, which will resume trading Jan. 6, dropped 135.10 points, or 1.55%, to close at 8,578.95 on Monday, its last trading day of 2002.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- China Regulator Seizes Anbang, Chairman Faces Fraud Prosecution
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones