Manufacturing Activity Jumps
The headline reading for the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) survey jumped to 54.7 in December from 49.2. The figure was much stronger than expected and was due to widespread strength that was notably more upbeat than the other related manufacturing surveys (NY Fed, Philly Fed, and Chicago PMI) released on the month.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day