GE's Mile-Higher Governance Bar
General Electric is taking its lead role in the area of corporate governance into groundbreaking territory. On Nov. 7, CEO Jeffrey Immelt unveiled sweeping governance reforms for GE's board. Few U.S. companies have ever attempted such a dramatic overhaul -- Disney (DIS ), Computer Associates (CA ), and Cendant (CD ) are three exceptions -- and none has taken reform as far or as deep as GE (GE ).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since BP Disaster
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy