Housing Starts Soar
Housing starts, a measure of housing construction, jumped 13.3% to 1.843 million units in September from 1.627 million in August, the largest one-month increase since 1995 and the highest level of starts in 15 years. The markets had expected a flat 1.64 million rate, after three straight months of declines.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing