Footing the Bill for Free Wi-Fi
When a Portland (Ore.) TV station, Channel 6, retired its satellite van recently, Nigel Ballard snatched it up on the cheap. Ballard runs the Joejava Wireless Consultancy, and he installs wireless networks for hotels. He's also one of a dozen volunteers who run a free wireless network that locals can use to connect to the Web at broadband speeds. He figured that his volunteer group, called Personal Telco, could use the van to provide free Net access at outdoor events, though until the vehicle is repainted, most curiosity seekers rush over mainly to see if they can get on TV.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’