"I Realized I Can Do These Things"
During the nine years she was married, Andrea Garbarini was more than happy to let her husband pay the bills and handle the couple's finances. In fact, Andrea, a part-time emergency-room nurse and her husband Charles, a firefighter who perished on September 11, rarely discussed their finances -- or the possibility that he might die in the line of duty.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks