Stocks Ease Before More Economic Reports Roll In
Stocks finished slightly lower in slow trading on Friday ahead of the Labor Day holiday. Blue-chips, which had been higher on some positive economic news early in the session, lost steam and broke their 5-week winning streak amid concerns about the economy, corporate trust, and third-quarter earnings. The tech-heavy Nasdaq, was dragged down after bellwether Sun Microsystems (SUNW ) offered a weak outlook.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks