Durable Goods Orders Jump
Durable orders surged 8.7%, while shipments jumped 3.1%. The July data were much stronger than expected, fully offset the weakness seen in the June report (which heightened "double-dip" and capital spending fears), and set a healthy trajectory heading into the second half of the year -- and the third quarter in particular.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt