La Mortgage Is in the Mail?
In many European countries, going to the post office can be a multitask errand. Mail your letters and do your banking, all in one quick stop. That's because in Germany, France, Britain, and the Netherlands, among other countries, the postal service doubles as a private bank. And it's no small-time operation: France's La Poste counts some 28 million customers, making it the country's second-biggest bank behind another government-run bank, Caisse d'Epargne.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis