East Meets West at PetroChina
Huang Yan, CEO of PetroChina, is on the cutting edge of reform as he struggles to transform a lumbering, state-owned behemoth into a nimble, privately run giant of a company. PetroChina (PTR ), which was spun off from unlisted parent company China National Petroleum in a landmark New York Stock Exchange listing two years ago, operates with Western-style financial discipline. The results have been impressive: For the year ended Dec. 31, 2001, PetroChina earned $5.65 billion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’