America's Biggest Job
As America prepares to gas up and go on summer vacation, it finds itself in the grips of a terror frenzy. Vice-President Dick Cheney and Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld caution that the next Big One could come any time now. Washington's jumpy anti-terror cops issue new warnings almost every day, urging vigilance at apartment buildings, nuke plants, border crossings, and national monuments -- in short, just about everywhere. Investor Warren E. Buffett even suggests that it might be time to start shopping for a radiation suit.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- World's Second-Tallest Building Opens With a Whimper After Delay
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations