CIBC World Downgrades Gemstar-TV Guide
CIBC World downgrades Gemstar-TV Guide (GMST ) to hold from buy. Analyst John Corcoran says the downgrade is due to new information in a 10-K, which was released after the market close on Apr. 1, revealing aggressive accounting treatment. He notes that Gemstar recognized $107.6 million in revenue over the past 29 months from Scientific-Atlanta that it has not received, and about $20 million in non-cash Interpublic Group ad revenue from a barter transaction, potentially distorting its interactive platform growth rates. While he does not believe Gemstar violated any accounting rules, the 10-K reveals accounting treatment that could have significant implications going forward, Corcoran says.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards