Want to Be an MBA Journal Writer?
We're looking for MBA students entering programs this fall to share their favorite and worst B-school experiences with our readers. These journals are intended to give prospective MBA students insight about the reality behind the marketing brochures' version of life at business school. To date, over 30 students have detailed their B-school experiences for BusinessWeek Online. Become part of this amazing group or writers and students! Here's how...
Criteria for prospective MBA Journal writers include:
1. Must be entering an MBA program this fall (2002)
2. Have to be willing to submit approximately 12 journal entries over the course of your MBA program
3. Must be able to meet deadlines
Please note, this is a volunteer activity,. If you're interested in participating, please send the following material to us at MBAJournals2002@aol.com by May 20, 2002*:
1. Two writing samples:
a) If selected, this will be used as your first Journal entry for BusinessWeek Online. Here's what we're looking for in this sample:
The idea is to introduce yourself to the B-schools audience. Briefly describe your professional and personal background. Talk about what makes you tick and explain in detail your motivation to attend business school -- particularly the one you'll be enrolling in this fall. What do you feel the MBA will bring you? Is B-school part of your overall career plan? Or are you looking to broaden your managerial horizons and see where you end up? Feel free to share one or two application tips with readers, too. After reading this entry, we should be able to identify what kind of person you are.
- and -
b) One additional writing sample. This can include your best application essay, a personal statement, an article you've had published in the past, etc. This writing sample should also tell us a bit about yourself.
2. Name of the university you'll be attending, the type of MBA program (i.e. full-time, part-time, distance-learning, Executive MBA, etc.), and the program's length
3. An updated resume (if available)
4. Permanent contact info (Mailing address, e-mail, and phone number) -- where you can be reached until August 2002
5. Digital photo (taken recently in either .jpg or .gif format)
(Note: If you'd prefer to send your application material via standard mail, please address all correspondence to: Jessica Loudon; BusinessWeek Online; 1221 Sixth Avenue; 46th Floor; New York, NY 10020.)
We'll be looking forward to reviewing your entries. Selections will be made by August. All applicants will be notified of our decisions.
* Note: This deadline has been extended from its original date.