Housing Starts Show Surprising Rise
U.S. housing starts climbed 2.8% in February to 1.769 million, contrary to expectations of a decline. The increase leaves starts growing at the highest rate since December of 1998 and at the fastest pace since December of 1978. The gain follows an upwardly revised 1.721 million January pace from 1.678 million previously.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing