Sweeney Labors in Vain for Campaign Cash
After months of internal wrangling, the AFL-CIO's Executive Council failed on Feb. 26 to endorse the 2002 budget AFL-CIO President John J. Sweeney wants to fund contributions in the fall political elections. Sweeney vows that the federation will spend some $35 million in this Presidential midterm election cycle. But he's still about $10 million short.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing