Treasuries Move Lower
Ten-year and 30-year Treasuries traded solidly lower due to mortgage backed sellers. The note initially slipped as stocks rallied, but the then Treasuries rebounded off their lows on weaker than expected consumer confidence figures and a rumor -- later denied -- that U.S. troops were in Iraq. However, with significant event risk with Federal Reserve Chairman Greenspan's testimony before the House Banking Committee tomorrow, late afternoon position squaring weighed heavily on the note.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing