WHAT'S HOT: The Benq 7400UT is one of only three scanners that we've tested with 2400-by-4800-dpi resolution; the other two were intended for use in workgroups rather than small or home offices. The 7400UT's 2400-dpi capacity lets you enlarge a 35mm slide to an 8-by-12-inch print without losing image quality. The 7400UT supports USB 2.0, but it's also backward compatible with USB 1.1. As most computers don't yet include USB 2.0, Benq conveniently bundles this scanner with a USB 2.0 add-in card. The 7400UT scans both photo prints and transparent materials right off the shelf with its built-in transparency adapter and sturdy film holders, which accept material as large as 4 by 5 inches. Benq sweetens the deal with 24/7 toll-free phone support.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber's Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing