"This Industry Looks Very Healthy to Me"
Sprint PCS is known as a pioneer in the cellular business. One of the first service providers to market to teens, the company leads the industry in wireless games and fancy cell-phone ring-tones, both hits with consumers. It will soon become the first U.S. operator to launch a nationwide high-speed wireless network, allowing for cell-phone access to e-mail and photo downloads. The innovation has paid off in market share: Sprint PCS (PCS ) has 15.8 million subscribers, nearly triple its 5.7 million in 1999, and has become the No. 4 wireless provider in the U.S.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis