How "Catalysts" Power Touchstone Value
Just because a stock is big and cheap simply isn't good enough for John Holden, who runs the Touchstone Value Plus Fund/A (TVPAX ). While he has managed to edge out his large-cap value fund peers by searching for undervalued, large-cap companies with improving fundamentals, Holden says he also wants to see a catalyst that will unlock the stock's value within a year to 18 months. A series of smart acquisitions, a breakup, or even a better pricing environment can do the trick.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis