Unemployment Rate Drops to 5.6%
January nonfarm payrolls decreased 89,000, and the unemployment rate surprised with a decline to 5.6% from 5.8%. The workweek decreased to 34.0 from 34.1 hours, while hourly earnings were unchanged. Overall, the payroll data was in line with expectations, with much of the weakness due to another big drop in manufacturing (-89,000).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas