Alcoa To Acquire Elkem ASA
Dayton Mining (DAY ) says it will merge with Pacific Rim Mining Corp. DAY holders to get 1.76 Pacific Rim shares per DAY share; DAY holders to own 70%, Pacific Rim holders to own 30% of merged company. (1/9)
Inland Resources (INLN ) hires Lehman Brothers Inc. and Petroleum Place Energy Advisors to advise company regarding its review of strategic alternatives, which may include potential sale or merger of company. (1/9)
Alcoa (AA ) increases its stake in Norway's Elkem ASA to more than 40%, and offers to buy the remaining 60% of the metals group in a $844 million deal. Alcoa previously held a 39.5% stake in Elkem. (1/8)
DeCODE Genetics Inc. (DCGN ) says it will acquire MediChem Life Sciences (MCLS ) for $3.04 per share, or approximately $83.6 million. Terms: MCLS holders to get 0.3099 DCGN share per MCLS share. (1/8)
Accelio Corp. (ACLO ) board rejects a $68.5 million takeover bid from Open Text (OTEX ). (1/7)
Dycom Industries (DY ) says it will acquire Arguss Communications (ACX ) for about $5.77 per share, or $83.7 million. Terms: ACX holders to get 0.3333 DY share per ACX share. (1/7)
CompuTrac (LLB ) agrees to merge into ASA International's (ASAA ) RainMaker Software Inc. unit. Terms: LLB holders to get total of 1.37 million ASAA shares, and $1.3 million in cash, which is subject to certain adjustments. (1/7)
Chiron Corp. (CHIR ) says it will acquire Matrix Pharmaceutical Inc. (MATX ) for $61 million. (1/7)
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.