Can Amgen Battle the Big Boys?
When Amgen Inc. (AMGN ) CEO Kevin W. Sharer finalized his company's $16 billion acquisition of Immunex Corp. (IMNX ) on Dec. 17, he did more than create a biotech giant with $5.5 billion in projected 2002 sales. He also ratcheted up a rivalry with Amgen's biggest partner -- and foe -- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ ).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas