The Afghans' Challenge: "Become Heroes in Peace"
The first thing a visitor to the New Delhi residence of Masood Khalili, Afghan Ambassador to India, notices, is a prominent picture of Khalili with his friend, Ahmed Shah Masood. The picture is 17 years old, taken when they were in their 30s, young mujahideen fighting the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. They're squatting, rifles in hand, on the rocky terrain of Afghanistan.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- NFL’s $205 Million Man Is Hated by Everyone But Those Who Matter
- Americans Are Retiring Later, Dying Sooner and Sicker In-Between
- Singapore Will Stop Increasing Car Numbers From February 2018
- Noble Group Warns of Loss Topping $1 Billion
- U.S. Stocks Drop at Start of Big Week for Earnings: Markets Wrap