The Shape of a Profitable Amazon
It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas for Amazon. The company's stock climbed 28%, from $7 to $9 a share, on the U.S. Commerce Dept.'s report that retail sales were up a better-than-expected 7.1% in October. That tally was skewed toward auto sales, but Web audience-measurement service Nielsen/Netratings reported that for the week ending Nov. 11, the number of online shoppers increased 14%.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis