The View from Taipei
Taiwan's entry into the World Trade Organization marks a milestone for a country that has long struggled to carve out international recognition in the face of Beijing's hostility to its very existence. Indeed, the WTO will be the only prominent international body, other than the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Forum (APEC), in which Taiwan has full membership.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States