Will Justice Let Microsoft Off the Hook?
When Charles James took over as top trustbuster at the Justice Dept., he sent out signals he'd be plenty tough on Microsoft. He hired as his outside litigator and chief economist folks who would have made his Democratic predecessor, Joel Klein, proud. He kept on several Microsoft-bashers from among the career ranks at Justice. And in a brief filed in September with Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly, he said the chasm between his department and the software giant was so vast that mediation would be pointless.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- As Bitcoin Sinks, Crypto Bros Party Hard on a Blockchain Cruise
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- Norwegian Airlines Sets Record for Fastest Transatlantic Flight
- How a 22-Year-Old Discovered the Worst Chip Flaws in History
- OPEC, Russia Signal Global Oil Alliance May Endure Past 2018