The Airlines vs. Expedia and Travelocity
Call it a thunderbolt from the skies. On Oct. 24, Continental Airlines announced it would stop paying commissions on ticket sales by independent online travel companies such as Travelocity and Expedia. That could savage these outfits' bottom lines. Worse, it could signal a wave of airlines rescinding commissions to online indies.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing