CIBC World Cuts Outlook on Gap Inc.
CIBC World cut Gap Inc. (GPS ) to hold from strong buy.
Analyst Dorothy Lakner says she was looking for an 8% same-store sales decline, adding that negative trends in traffic at Gap and Old Navy have continued despite support from new ads. Lakner says the basics problems appear to be greater than she thought: Fashion, which she thought could compensate for weak basics trends, is not yet doing the job.
Lakner adds that her confidence in improvement for the holiday now is diminished. While the stock is at a new low, there's still a chance of further estimate cuts, and higher uncertainty about the timing of a turnaround. She cut her $0.84 fiscal 2002 (Jan.) EPS estimate to $0.69, and cut the $1.30 fiscal 2003 estimate to $1.00.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- In One Tweet, Kylie Jenner Wiped Out $1.3 Billion of Snap’s Market Value
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Apple Plans Upgrades to Popular AirPods Headphones
- Snap CEO Evan Spiegel Got $638 Million in Year of Firm's IPO
- U.S. Stocks End Mixed as Bonds Gain, Dollar Slumps: Markets Wrap