"This Is Just About the Best Gig You Can Have"
Jeffrey R. Immelt is slated to become the next chairman and chief executive of General Electric Co. when Jack Welch retires on Sept. 7. Associate Editor Diane Brady recently sat down with the new chief in GE's Fairfield, Conn., headquarters to discuss the challenges of replacing an icon and leading the company through tough economic times. Here are edited excerpts from their conversation:
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’