Compaq Armada M700
WHAT'S HOT: Pleasingly thin, the Armada M700 measures just 1.4 inches tall with the case closed. But the svelte case packs plenty of power: Posting a hot PC WorldBench 2000 score of 170, the Armada performed better than other PIII-1000 laptops we've tested with Windows 2000 and 128MB of RAM. It's also a long-distance runner, lasting an impressive 4.25 hours on one battery charge. A half-dozen devices can take turns residing in the M700's single modular bay: In addition to the floppy and DVD-ROM drive you get at this price, you can opt for an extra-cost second battery, a Zip 250 drive, or a second hard drive. The floppy drive also can attach externally via the included parallel port cable.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap