Energy Futures Mixed
TIM EVANS, Pegasus Econometrics, New York (2:25 p.m. EDT): June gasoline and heating oil contracts are rising late in the afternoon before contracts expire... gasoline is up 6% from its earlier low following API and DOE reports that showed large inventory increases... one talking point behind the afternoon rally is the U.N. Security Council debate on extending the Iraqi oil-for-food agreement... Iraqi minister is opposed to the U.K. and U.S. plan to lift restrictions on civilian trade, but clamp down on military goods sales... Russians say they need time.
Precious Metals Mostly Lower
WILLIAM O'NEILL, Merrill Lynch, New York (2:15 p.m. EDT ): Gold is trading at the $265.20 support level after an earlier short covering bounce fizzled... futures plunged through the $272 level Wednesday...believe fund selling has pretty much ended... but weak euro and the sliding Australian dollar is putting pressure on metal... if gold fails to hold at the current level, it could fall to the $250-$254 area... Silver is off at $4.41... Platinum is down to $603 and palladium is down to $642.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Avicii, DJ-Producer Who Performed Around the World, Dies
- Deutsche Bank's Bad News Gets Worse With $35 Billion Flub
- Wells Fargo's $1 Billion Pact Gives U.S. Power to Fire Managers
- Oil Shrugs Off Trump Tweet to Rise for a Second Straight Week
- The U.K. Just Went 55 Hours Without Using Coal for the First Time in History