ISPs Play Follow the Leader
Net visionaries' long-held ideal of free Web access is looking further than ever from reality. In fact, AOL-Time Warner's long-expected announcement on May 22 that it will increase the monthly access fee for its 28 million America Online subscribers from $21.95 a month to $23.90, beginning July 1, is just the latest and most significant sign that it's getting more expensive to roam cyberspace.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks