Prescription Pot: More Than a Pipe Dream?
That Supreme Court ruling against the medical use of marijuana wasn't a total downer for those who want the weed made legal for treating pain and other ailments. GW Pharmaceuticals, a British company that's developing medications derived from marijuana, says it's pushing ahead with plans to start clinical trials in the U.S., with an eye toward bringing the world's first cannabis-based prescription drug onto the market as early as 2003. In fact, the company announced plans for an initial public offering on May 14, only hours before the high court issued its decision.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy