Broadband's Next Wave: Wireless?
On May 8, a small Nashua (N.H.) company called Spike Broadband Systems announced a $400 million contract to build a wireless broadband-access system for Denmark's second-largest mobile-phone company, Sonofon. The first deployment of a such a system for an entire country, Spike's effort will use a new technology called MMDS (multichannel multipoint distribution system) fixed wireless that allows phone companies to deliver services to the homes of individual users over rooftop antennas mounted anywhere within a 30-square-mile radius of a powerful cellular-transmission tower.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy