Canada Market Dips
The TSE 300 rally above 8000 lost momentum in late dealings. The close below 8000 has near-term negative implications. Twelve out of 14 of the subindices were in the negative column. Market internals were mixed with decliners totaling 141 while advancers numbered 140. Interest-rate sensitive stocks like financials and utilities contributed to most of the cheapening pressure as investors revised their assumptions about the Bank of Canada's near term policy intentions. Although the Canadian GDP report showed decleration in Febuary, the date wasn't as weak as originally expected.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing