CS First Boston Downgrades RadioShack
CS First Boston downgraded RadioShack (RSH ) to hold from buy.
On Friday the electronic-goods seller forecast $0.31-$0.33 1Q EPS vs. year ago's $0.34. Analyst Gary Balter says he sees RadioShack as a company in transition. He says its residual model that proved so successful with the original Sprint deal is for the first time less predictable. He also notes that some other areas, including PCs and DSL services, are suffering from slower macro demand.
Balter says slower growth in wireless is leading to more promotional activity to keep those comparisons in the right range. He notes management's caution, combined with his concerns on the macro picture and balance sheet, as the primary reasons for moving the rating to hold.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- ‘No Cash’ Signs Everywhere Has Sweden Worried It's Gone Too Far
- Morgan Stanley Says Stock Slide Was Appetizer for Real Deal
- Boom Turns to Bust for Millennials Across Advanced Economies
- How One of the Most Profitable Trades of the Last Few Years Blew Up in a Single Day
- Dollar Steady, Oil Rises as European Stocks Falter: Markets Wrap