Treasuries Close Mixed
Curve steepeners were in full force Wednesday, as another meltdown in the tech sector gave the short end of the Treasury curve a lift at the expense of the long bond. Indeed, the long bond failed to capitalize on the safe-haven flow and closed slightly lower on the session. Talk of unwinding of recent yen-carry trades, some asset allocation shifts into quarter-end, some inflation fears, and lingering concerns about the implications of Tuesday's confidence data left the 30-year heavy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing