The 10% Solution
When CNET Networks announced job cuts last month, the San Francisco-based technology information company chose a round figure -- 10%. About the same time, Polaroid Corp. said over the next year it intends to eliminate 950 -- or 11% -- of its jobs. JDS Uniphase Corp., the fiber-optic company, weighed in as well, with a plan to sever 3,000 heads -- 10% of its total.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards