Table: Sometimes What Goes Up Doesn't Come Down
Despite a now fast-building glut of dot-com executives out of jobs and the fact that many Net stocks have lost more than 90% of their valuations, the pay of Web startup leaders hasn't fallen. A new study shows salaries and stock packages at venture capital-backed technology companies are bigger than ever. FIRST HALF 2000: STOCK AWARDED AS % OF OVERALL PAY COMPANY SHARES CEO $225,000 5.6% Vice-President $177,500 1.7% Director $122,500 0.4% SECOND HALF 2000: STOCK AWARDED AS % OF OVERALL PAY COMPANY SHARES CEO $240,000 10.9% Vice-President $180,000 1.8% Director $132,500 0.6% All figures are median. Data: VentureOne Corp.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
You might like:
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks