Digital Hollywood: No Resolution
Imagine this: The latest sci-fi thriller is finally being shown on your premium-cable channel in crystal-clear, high-definition video. So you switch on your new digital TV, record the film on a digital videorecorder, upload it to your computer, and zap it off to your sister in Boston, who has been dying to see it. Is this a vision of the digital future, or is it Hollywood's worst nightmare? The answer: both.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself