Why Disney Is Sporting a Goofy Grin
Trust Walt Disney to orchestrate a happy ending after what began as a particularly dismal week. On Jan. 31, the company announced it was putting to rest its three-year effort to create a viable Internet portal with Go.com and taking a $790 million writedown. Yet on Feb. 6, at a meeting in Anaheim with analysts at the company's soon-to-open California Adventure theme park, Disney execs took great pains to look like they hailed from the Happiest Place on Earth.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day