Who Says Safety Isn't Sexy?
Despite all the scary news about Ford Explorers (F) with exploding tires, cars are definitely safer than they used to be. You can find air bags, antilock brakes, and side collision rails inside most late-model cars. And you can be pretty sure that each new model year will bring further safety improvements. Next year's offerings, for example, due out this fall, will have an emergency escape latch with a fluorescent handle inside the trunk, mostly so kids don't lock themselves in by mistake. By 2004, the government will require that tires automatically display an alert on the dashboard if they are under- or over-inflated.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing