Commentary: The New Economy's Cruel Math
On the surface, the labor market looks as solid as ever. The December unemployment rate, released early in January, was only 4%, while the economy added more than 100,000 new jobs. Meanwhile, the Labor Dept. reported that initial claims for unemployment insurance actually fell sharply in the first half of January.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Bitcoin Futures Deliver Wild Ride as Debut Brings Rally, Halts
- Investors Told to Brace for Steepest Rate Hikes Since 2006
- A Manager of $42 Billion Fears Bubble in World's Biggest Stocks
- Longtime NPR Host Tom Ashbrook Is Facing Misconduct Allegations
- Buffett's About to Get $3 Billion Back From Burger King Owner