Volt Could Get A JoltBy
To some value investors, Volt Information Sciences (VOL), a low-profile Big Board company with two profitable businesses, is ripe for either a breakup or a buyout. The fourth-largest provider of information technology staffing for such companies as Microsoft and 3M, it also lays fiber-optic cable for "last-mile hookup" to homes and offices for such telecoms as Qwest Communications. "The last mile is where the bottleneck in broadband lies, and this work hasn't been hit by the slowdown in telecom," says Summit Capital President John Rudolf, who has been buying Volt shares. He says Volt's IT staffing business remains strong as companies lay off permanent workers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day